It is our honor to invite you to the ESFLU COST Action 21132 scientific expert meeting in Barcelona, which will focus on improving information sharing, awareness and preparedness concerning swine influenza in Europe
Enric Maria Mateu de Antonio, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain.
Gwenaelle Dauphine, CEVA Sante Animale, France.
Lucia Dieste Perez, Royal GD Animal Health, Netherlands.
Tomasz Stadejek, Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Poland.
Dinko Novosel, Croatian Veterinary Institute, Croatia.
Casa Convalescència is one of the last great works of Catalan Art Nouveau and forms part of the complex of the Holy Cross and Saint Paul Hospital. The complex was designed in the late 19th century to alleviate the shortage of hospital space in Barcelona. The Holy Cross and Saint Paul Hospital was included in the World Heritage List by the UNESCO in 1997.
The building, which was used for convalescent patients, with a maximum capacity for 100 residents, featured stunning glazed solariums and a chapel, which split the building into two wings, one for men and one for women. The Casa was independent of the Hospital, having its own kitchen and pharmacy, as well as its own financial management.
Casa Convalescència is a unique building rich in Art Nouveau elements. It has a surface area of 6,245 m2 distributed over four floors and a basement. In structural terms it maintains the Catalan Art Nouveau tradition of ceilings comprised of brick vaults and metal girders that tense the flattened arches, made of bare-brickwork rowlock arches.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona was granted use of the building in 1969 to develop different academic activities and to consolidate the university’s presence in the city.
How to get to Casa de Convalescència:
C/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret 171
08041 Barcelona . SPAIN
- Yellow line (L4) – GUINARDÓ – HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station
- Blue line (L5) – SANT PAU – DOS DE MAIG station
- Lines 15, 19, 20, 45, 47, 50, 51, 92 and 192.
From the airport
- Train + Underground: at RENFE station, take the train to Sants-Estació. Once in Sants, take the blue line of the Underground (L5) to SANT PAU-DOS DE MAIG station.
- Bus + Underground: outside the airport terminal, take the AEROBUS to Plaça Catalunya. Step out and walk on block to Plaça Urquinaona, to take the yellow line of the Underground (L4) to GUINARDÓ – HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.